Friday, August 20, 2010

To develop the story...

Sailing Magazine

One night before falling asleep, I was reading Sailing Magazine at the Allenwood Federal Correctional Complex near Allenwood, PA (pause for effect). Just to be clear, I was not incarcerated there nor have I ever been accused or convicted of a crime, but a friend of mine's father is the Warden and I was spending Christmas with him, his wife and their family. Yes, I spent Christmas at a federal penitentiary. This gives you an idea of how unconventional I can be, which may prove to be an asset on this adventure. Anyway, I read an article about two high school friends that bought a sailboat after graduation and sailed down through the U.S. Virgin Islands. What a great adventure I thought, and realized this was just another sign that I should make my idea come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment